Large commercial trucks are staples of the economy of the United States. Many California communities rely on commercial truck shipping to receive the goods they purchase and use every day. Despite their economic benefits, commercial trucks and tractor-trailers pose significant dangers on the roads of California simply due to their size. A completely packed tractor-trailer can weigh more than 40 tons and stand more than three times as tall as a typical passenger vehicle. When truck accidents happen, they often cause devastating injuries in addition to substantial economic losses for everyone involved.
If you or someone you know recently sustained injuries and other losses in such an accident, meet with a Huntington Beach truck accident attorney as soon as possible. You may have grounds for legal recourse against the party or parties who are responsible for the accident that injured you. If a truck driver was negligent, a trucking company was out of compliance, or a vehicle malfunction caused your accident, you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim. A Huntington Beach truck accident lawyer can help you build one.
Why Choose Easton & Easton?
It’s essential to hire capable legal counsel with a solid track record of successful cases similar to your own. At Easton & Easton, our team of attorneys has handled a wide variety of personal injury claims for more than 30 years, including complex truck accident claims. We understand that liability isn’t always immediately clear and that many truck accident cases involve complex questions of liability and significant damages. We are prepared to provide the full range of our resources and experience to our clients in their truck accident claims.
Once we accept your Huntington Beach truck accident claim, we will get to work investigating the available evidence, interviewing witnesses, and gathering the documentation you will need to prove the extent of your damages. Our goal in every case is maximum recovery for our client. We can help you navigate difficult truck accident cases with greater confidence.
Truck accidents happen for a wide variety of reasons. If the reason behind your truck accident was negligence, then you likely have grounds for a personal injury claim against the negligent party responsible for your accident. Some of the most common reasons for truck accidents to occur include the following.
- Size difference. Tractor-trailers and other large commercial trucks are more prone to causing accidents than smaller passenger vehicles for several reasons. These large vehicles have higher centers of gravity, weigh much more than standard vehicles, and require more time and room to maneuver on the road. If a passenger car collides with a commercial truck, it is very likely the smaller car will be completely destroyed. Anyone inside will suffer severe, if not fatal, injuries.
- Imbalanced trailer. It is essential for the distributors and logistics teams responsible for loading commercial trucks to ensure the load is balanced. Since large trucks have high centers of gravity, they are more prone to falling over around turns or while braking, and this danger is exponentially greater when a load is imbalanced.
- Driver errors. Truck drivers have a higher duty of care to drive safely than other drivers since they drive as their primary job duty. When a truck driver operates their commercial vehicle unsafely, fails to adhere to required rest break rules, or drives under the influence, liability for any resulting accidents can fall solely on the driver.
- Trucking company negligence. Sometimes truck drivers make serious errors that indicate negligence on the part of their employers. For example, assume a truck driver caused an accident due to inexperience. In this example, the trucking company sent the driver out on a run for which he was not prepared. Liability for a resulting accident can fall to both the driver and their employer.
- Moving violations. Moving violations like speeding, weaving between lanes and failing to signal for turns and lane changes are all common causes of truck accidents. Drivers must use caution around tractor-trailers and other large commercial trucks. Drivers should remember these vehicles’ drivers have more restricted visibility when it comes to blind spots, and they also require much more time and distance to slow down and stop.
- Driving under the influence. If a truck driver or a passenger vehicle driver is under the influence of alcohol or other drugs, they may easily cause a severe truck accident resulting in damage to multiple vehicles. DUI will not only lead to civil liability for a truck accident claim for the driver responsible but criminal charges from the state as well.
However a truck accident happens, when the accident involves smaller vehicles, the occupants of those vehicles are likely to sustain severe injuries and economic losses. Once an injured person in this position starts to recognize the economic impact of the accident, the need for experienced legal representation becomes much clearer.
Succeeding With Your Truck Accident Claim
A personal injury claim from a truck accident is likely to entail medical expenses, lost income, property damage, and a claim of pain and suffering from the plaintiff. Depending on the nature of the defendant’s actions that led to the accident, the defendant may also face punitive damages from the court, which strive to serve as additional punishment for the defendant and discourage similar behavior in the future.
If you believe you have solid grounds for a truck accident personal injury claim, a Huntington Beach truck accident attorney is your best possible ally. Your legal representative will help you identify the party or parties bearing liability in your case and fully explore the scope of your damages. It’s essential to have a detailed accounting of every type of compensation you intend to collect if you want to maximize your recovery.
The right attorney can help you streamline the legal process, secure compensation for your damages faster than you might expect, and ultimately empower you throughout your recovery process. Easton & Easton is ready to help when you need a reliable Huntington Beach truck accident attorney. Contact us today to learn more about our firm and how we can assist with your truck accident lawsuit.